Reimagining the Future with Renewable Energy
The Student Energy Summit 2023, in partnership with IRENA and Youth 4 Sustainability (Y4S), a Masdar initiative, is pleased to announce the launch of a video contest focused on the theme Reimagining the Future with Renewable Energy. Participants are asked to submit a video in one of two categories:
- In which ways are you concretely advancing the transition to a future with renewable energy sources in your community?
- What is your country/region/city/community doing to advance the transition to a future with renewable energy sources?
The winner(s) of the video contest will:
- Receive fully-funded participation in the Student Energy Summit 2023 in Abu Dhabi in November 2023,
- Be invited to virtually participate in a panel at the Youth Hub at the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2023.
The top videos will be presented at the 2023 IRENA Youth Forum, the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2023 and Student Energy Summit 2023 and circulated on social media.
You can enter the contest by uploading a video of maximum 60 seconds addressing the contest theme on Twitter or Instagram, using the hashtag #SES2023VideoContest and tagging Student Energy Summit 2023 (@ses.2023 on Instagram and @ses2023 on Twitter). Submissions must abide by the parameters listed in the below eligibility and rules section.
Eligibility and rules
- The youth video contest will be open for submissions between December 1-31, 2022. The deadline is December 31, 2022 at 23:59 Abu Dhabi time.
- The winner or winners will be announced by the Student Energy Summit team during the IRENA Youth Forum (January 13, 2022) and through SES social media channels. The number of winners (1-3) will be determined based on the number and quality of submissions.
- The competition is open to contestants 18-30 years old from all over the world.
- Video entry must clearly and creatively address the above mentioned theme in 60 seconds or less.
- The video should be submitted by uploading it either on participant’s Twitter or Instagram account by using the hashtag #SES2023VideoContest and tagging Student Energy Summit 2023 (@ses.2023 on Instagram and @ses2023 on Twitter). Instagram account settings must be set to “public” for SES 2023 to receive a notification and access the video.
- Submissions are limited to one video per individual.
- The video should be in English, or if created in another language must include English subtitles.
Video selection criteria
A selection committee made up of representatives from Student Energy Summit 2023, IRENA and Masdar will evaluate the submissions based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the theme: the video clearly and creatively represents the theme of Reimagining the Future with Renewable Energy through positive youth perspectives.
- Originality and creativity: The content is unique and not derivative of other ideas and presents the theme in an original and compelling way.
- Potential viewer impact: The video conveys personal or aspirational thoughts that are inspiring to viewers, especially young people, and that can be applicable in practice by other youth.
for more information : CLICK HERE